- Ensure equity of access to quality learning experiences for all students.
- Reduce gaps and unproductive redundancies in the curriculum.
- Set developmentally appropriate and rigorous learning objectives for all students.
- Provide focus for teachers’ instructional planning.
- Support teachers in offering engaging learning experiences for students.
- Create a framework for the implementation of a creative, and innovative model of instruction that supports student achievement of content and process standards.
- Standards Alignment
- Formative and Summative Assessment
- Digital Learning
Round Rock ISD has developed the ARRC with the assistance of teachers, instructional coaches, and curriculum specialists. The ARRC is aligned with the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) and state assessments. The ARRC documents outline the learning goals and objectives Round Rock ISD students are expected to achieve and provides resources for instruction. The ARRC provides teachers with planning documents that:
- Ensure equal opportunities for all students to learn the curriculum
- Reduce gaps and unproductive redundancies in the curriculum
- Serve as a basis for district curriculum-based assessments
- Focus teacher planning time on instruction