* Some links contain district adopted, copyrighted materials and can only be accessed by Round Rock ISD employees.
** Certain campuses have access to different resources and that while rare, you may find a suggested/potential resource that is not available.
Language Arts/Reading/Social Studies
- Launching Reader’s Workshop/Kick-Off Writer’s Workshop (21 days)
- Characters Shape Their Stories/Nonfiction with Words and Graphics (15 days)
- Animal Characteristics/Nonfiction with Words and Graphics (13 days)
- We the People/Personal Narratives Inspire Realistic Fiction (15 days)
- Different Perspectives, Different Points of View/Personal Narratives Inspire Realistic Fiction (14 days)
- Technological Advancements/Expressing Our Opinions (12 days)
- Decisions, Decisions/Expressing Our Opinions (15 days)
- Communities Past and Present/Poetry from the Heart (13 days)
- Earth’s Surface/Research and Inquiry Project: Storm Watch (14 days)
- Time, Money and Values/Writing About Our Planet (20 days)
- Actions, Reactions and Interactions/Writing About Our Planet (19 days)
The mission of the Round Rock ISD Social Studies Teaching and Learning Team is to provide the vision and leadership necessary to ensure our students are educated, empathetic and engaged citizens throughout their time as students in Round Rock ISD and beyond.
Social Studies Goals
- Students will read, write, speak and listen daily as a part of learning.
- Students will use process skills daily as a part of learning.
- Students will be engaged in learning.
- Students will experience appropriate struggle.
- Students will pose and answer questions (inquiry) through multiple lenses and perspectives.
Dual Language: Social Studies/ SLAR/ ELAR
- Presentando (21 días)
- Características de los animales (15 días)
- Los personajes dan forma a las historias (13 días)
- La voz del pueblo (15 días)
- Diferentes perspectivas, diferentes puntos de vista (19 días)
Grade-Level Specific Information
- Dual Language Literacy Instructional Minutes Guidance
- 3rd Grade SLAR / ELAR TEKS Correlation by Unit – DL Version COMING SOON!
General Biliteracy Information
- Enlace para página de internet de “Teaching for Biliteracy”
- Ideas/ Estrategias para El Puente (The Bridge)
The Language and Content Allocation Plan (LCAP) represents the language in which each academic subject is taught by grade level as well as the percentage of the instructional day spent in each language in a dual language classroom.
Toolkit Texts: Short Nonfiction for Guided and Independent Practice in English and Spanish(Correlated to the Comprehension Toolkit)
Exploring Social Studies: Texas Edition in Spanish (Use the USB drive in the kit to view the interactive e-books)
- Place Value to 1,000 (15 days)
- Addition, Subtraction, and Data (20 days)
- Multiplication and Division (20 days)
- Place Value to 100,000 (16 days)
- Personal Financial Literacy (10 days, continues into the second semester)
- Fraction Concepts (24 days)
- Geometry, Area, and Perimeter (24 days)
- More Multiplication and Division (15 days)
- Measurement (Time Intervals, Weight, Liquid Volume) (14 days)
TAG First Semester
- Multiplication and Division 1 (17 days)
- Fraction Concepts (15 days)
- Geometry, Area, and Perimeter (15 days)
- Addition, Subtraction, and Data 1 (15 days)
- Multiplication and Division 2 (13 days)
TAG Second Semester
- Place Value to 100,000 (13 days)
- Measurement (Time Intervals, Weight, Capacity) (11 days)
- Personal Financial Literacy (13 days)
- Place Value to One Billion (10 days)
- Addition, Subtraction, and Data 2 (15 days)
- Multiplication and Division 3 (10 days)
3rd Grade Resources
3rd Grade TAG Resources
- Resources to Support Effective Teaching and Learning of Mathematics – A collection of resources organized around NCTM’s Effective Teaching Practices.
- K-4 Mathematics Glossary – This glossary, generously shared by Pasadena ISD, includes words in both English and Spanish.
- Elementary Math Professional Books – These books are available for checkout in your campus library.
- Elementary Mathematics Blog – This blog is a place for us to share answers to frequently asked questions as well as highlight effective teaching practices from classrooms across Round Rock ISD.
- Parent Resources – The following documents contain links to websites, videos, books, and games to support parents (and teachers) in supporting their children in learning and doing mathematics.
First Semester (Changes)
- Classifying Matter (16 days)
- Structures and Functions (10 days)
- Formation of Soil and Resources
- Environments and Food Chains (24 days)
- Life Cycles (14 days)
- Recommended Instructional Minutes = 45 minutes every day
- Elementary ADI resources
- 8 Science & Engineering Practices
- Lesson planning resources
- Writing in science resources
- Living Science Online Ordering
- Science materials
- Online resources (includes signing in to STEMscopes)
- Spanish bilingual resources
- Differentiation resources
- Animals in the Classroom
- Instructional Media (this is where you can check out a host of materials, kits, ect…)