* Some links contain district adopted, copyrighted materials and can only be accessed by Round Rock ISD employees.
** Certain campuses have access to different resources and that while rare, you may find a suggested/potential resource that is not available.
SEL / Second Step
Language Arts/Reading/Social Studies
- Launching Reader’s Workshop/Writer’s Workshop Kickoff (21 days)
- Habitats Around the World/Writing About Places Near & Far (15 days)
- Characters Learn and Grow/Writing About Places Near & Far (13 days)
- Government Working For Us/Enchanted Tales (15 days)
- Different Characters, Different Points of View/Enchanted Tales (19 days)
Technology and Invention/Poems with Perspective (12 days)
Dual Language Social Studies/ Science/ SLAR/ ELAR
- Presentando (21 días)
- Hábitats alrededor del mundo (15 días)
- El gobierno trabaja para nosotros (13 días)
- Los personajes aprenden y cambian (15 días)
- Diferentes personajes, diferentes puntos de vista (19 días)
- La tecnología y los inventos (12 días)
- El viento y el agua modifican la Tierra (15 días)
- Los cuentos nos educan (13 días)
- Pioneros de la aviación (15 días)
- Fabricar, comprar y vender (14 días)
- La materia en transformación (19 días)
Grade-Level Specific Information
- Dual Language Literacy Instructional Minutes Guidance
- 2nd Grade SLAR / ELAR TEKS Correlation by Unit – DL Version COMING SOON!
General Biliteracy Information
- Enlace para página de internet de “Teaching for Biliteracy”
- Ideas/ Estrategias para El Puente (The Bridge)
The Language and Content Allocation Plan (LCAP) represents the language in which each academic subject is taught by grade level as well as the percentage of the instructional day spent in each language in a dual language classroom.
For Wells Branch AIA Only:
Digital Library Toolkit Texts: Short Nonfiction for Guided and Independent Practice in English and Spanish (Correlated to the Comprehension Toolkit
- Revisiting Place Value and Data Analysis (15 days)
- Developing 2-Digit Addition and Subtraction Strategies (19 days)
- Introducing Standard Units of Length and Developing Closer Approximations of Measuring Time (18 days)
- Continuing to Develop 2-Digit Addition and Subtraction Strategies (19 days)
- Revisiting Fair Shares and Equal Partitions (12 days)
- Revisiting Counting Collections of Coins and Personal Financial Literacy (11 days)
- Enriching Geometry Understanding and Introducing Measuring Area (17 days)
- Introducing Joining and Separating Equal Groups (15 days)
- Extending Understanding of Place Value (25 days)
- Developing 3-Digit Addition and Subtraction Strategies (20 days)
2nd Grade Resources
- Resources to Support Effective Teaching and Learning of Mathematics – A collection of resources organized around NCTM’s Effective Teaching Practices.
- K-4 Mathematics Glossary – This glossary, generously shared by Pasadena ISD, includes words in both English and Spanish.
- Elementary Math Professional Books – These books are available for checkout in your campus library.
- Elementary Mathematics Blog – This blog is a place for us to share answers to frequently asked questions as well as highlight effective teaching practices from classrooms across Round Rock ISD.
- Parent Resources – The following documents contain links to websites, videos, books, and games to support parents (and teachers) in supporting their children in learning and doing mathematics.
First Semester (Changes)
- I Am a Scientist (9 days)
- Classifying Matter and Changes from Heat (12 days)
- Physical Changes (15 days)
- Magnets and Patterns of Movement (11 days)
- Forms of Energy (12 days)
- Weather, Seasons, and Objects in the Sky (23 days)
- Rocks, Bodies of Water, and Resources (23 days)
- Basic Needs, Environmental Effects, and Food Chains (23 days)
- Animal and Plant Characteristics (21 days)
- Insect Life Cycles (22 days)
- Recommended Instructional Minutes = 40 minutes every day
- Lesson planning resources
- Writing in science resources
- 8 Science & Engineering Practices
- Living Science Online Ordering
- Science materials
- Online resources (includes signing in to STEMscopes)
- Spanish bilingual resources
- Differentiation resources
- Animals in the Classroom