* Some links contain district adopted, copyrighted materials and can only be accessed by Round Rock ISD employees.
** Certain campuses have access to different resources and that while rare, you may find a suggested/potential resource that is not available.
Language Arts/Reading/Social Studies
- Launching Reader’s Workshop/Writer’s Workshop Kickoff (21 days)
- Habitats Around the World/Writing About Places Near & Far (15 days)
- Government Working For Us/Enchanted Tales (13 days)
- Characters Learn and Grow/Writing About Places Near & Far (15 days)
- Different Characters, Different Points of View/Enchanted Tales (14 days)
- Technology and Invention/Poems with Perspective (12 days)
- Tales That Teach Us/Stating Our Opinions (15 days)
- Pioneers in Flight/Stating Our Opinions (18 days)
- Wind Water Shape the Land/Sharing Our Expertise (14 days)
- Making, Buying and Selling/Sharing Our Expertise (15 days)
- Changing Matters/Sharing Our Expertise (19 days)
The mission of the Round Rock ISD Social Studies Teaching and Learning Team is to provide the vision and leadership necessary to ensure our students are educated, empathetic and engaged citizens throughout their time as students in Round Rock ISD and beyond.
Social Studies Goals
- Students will read, write, speak and listen daily as a part of learning.
- Students will use process skills daily as a part of learning.
- Students will be engaged in learning.
- Students will experience appropriate struggle.
- Students will pose and answer questions (inquiry) through multiple lenses and perspectives.
Dual Language Social Studies/ Science/ SLAR/ ELAR
- Presentando (21 días)
- Hábitats alrededor del mundo (15 días)
- El gobierno trabaja para nosotros (13 días)
- Los personajes aprenden y cambian (15 días)
- Diferentes personajes, diferentes puntos de vista (19 días)
Grade-Level Specific Information
- Dual Language Literacy Instructional Minutes Guidance
- 2nd Grade SLAR / ELAR TEKS Correlation by Unit – DL Version COMING SOON!
General Biliteracy Information
- Enlace para página de internet de “Teaching for Biliteracy”
- Ideas/ Estrategias para El Puente (The Bridge)
The Language and Content Allocation Plan (LCAP) represents the language in which each academic subject is taught by grade level as well as the percentage of the instructional day spent in each language in a dual language classroom.
- Two-Digit Place Value and Data Analysis (23 days)
- Adding and Subtracting with 2-Digit Numbers (15 days)
- Measuring Length and Telling Time (18 days)
- More Adding and Subtracting with 2-Digit Numbers (15 days)
- Understanding Money and Finances (11 days – continues into second semester)
- Representing and Counting Fractional Parts (12 days)
- Exploring Shapes and Measuring Area (17 days)
- Joining and Separating Equal Groups (15 days)
- Three-Digit Place Value (25 days)
- Adding and Subtracting with 3-Digit Numbers (20 days)
2nd Grade Resources
- Resources to Support Effective Teaching and Learning of Mathematics – A collection of resources organized around NCTM’s Effective Teaching Practices.
- K-4 Mathematics Glossary – This glossary, generously shared by Pasadena ISD, includes words in both English and Spanish.
- Elementary Math Professional Books – These books are available for checkout in your campus library.
- Elementary Mathematics Blog – This blog is a place for us to share answers to frequently asked questions as well as highlight effective teaching practices from classrooms across Round Rock ISD.
- Parent Resources – The following documents contain links to websites, videos, books, and games to support parents (and teachers) in supporting their children in learning and doing mathematics.
First Semester (Changes)
- I Am a Scientist (9 days)
- Physical Changes (15 days)
- Basic Needs, Environmental Effects, and Food Chains (23 days)
- Magnets and Patterns of Movement (11 days)
- Forms of Energy (12 days)
- Weather, Seasons, and Objects in the Sky (23 days)
- Recommended Instructional Minutes = 40 minutes every day
- Lesson planning resources
- Writing in science resources
- 8 Science & Engineering Practices
- Living Science Online Ordering
- Science materials
- Online resources (includes signing in to STEMscopes)
- Spanish bilingual resources
- Differentiation resources
- Animals in the Classroom
- Instructional Media (this is where you can check out a host of materials, kits, ect…)