* Some links contain district adopted, copyrighted materials and can only be accessed by Round Rock ISD employees.
** Certain campuses have access to different resources and that while rare, you may find a suggested/potential resource that is not available.
SEL / Second Step
Language Arts/Reading/Social Studies
- Launching Reader’s Workshop/Kick-Off Writer’s Workshop (16 days)
- Plants and Animal Have Needs/Writing About the World Around Us (20 days)
- Rules at Home and School/Writing Books with Patterns (13 days)
- Every Story Has Characters/Writing About the World Around Us (15 days)
- Writers Tell Many Stories/Writing Books with Patterns (14 days)
- Technology at Home and School/Writing Our Own Stories (17 days)
- Stories have a Message/ Writing Our Own Stories (13 days)
- Holidays and Celebrations/ Sharing Our Opinions (15 days)
- Weather and Seasons/Sharing our Opinions (14 days)
- Meeting Our Needs and Wants/Research and Inquiry Project (20 days)
- Forces and Motion/Writing Expertise Books (14 days)
The mission of the Round Rock ISD Social Studies Teaching and Learning Team is to provide the vision and leadership necessary to ensure our students are educated, empathetic and engaged citizens throughout their time as students in Round Rock ISD and beyond.
Social Studies Goals
- Students will read, write, speak and listen daily as a part of learning.
- Students will use process skills daily as a part of learning.
- Students will be engaged in learning.
- Students will experience appropriate struggle.
- Students will pose and answer questions (inquiry) through multiple lenses and perspectives.
Dual Language Social Studies/ Science/ SLAR/ELAR
- Presentando (16 días)
- Las necesidades de las plantas y los animales (20 días)
- Reglas en la casa y en la escuela (13 días)
- Toda historia tiene personajes diferentes (15 días)
- Los escritores nos cuentan muchas historias (14 días)
- La tecnología en la casa y en la escuela (12 días)
- Las historias nos ofrecen un mensaje (15 días)
- Días feriados y celebraciones (13 días)
- El tiempo y las estaciones (15 días)
- Lo que necesitamos y lo que deseamos (19 días)
- Fuerzas y movimiento (14 días)
Grade-Level Specific Information
- Dual Language Literacy Instructional Minutes Guidance
- Kinder SLAR / ELAR TEKS Correlation by Unit – DL Version COMING SOON!!
General Biliteracy Information
- Enlace para página de internet de “Teaching for Biliteracy”
- Ideas/ Estrategias para El Puente (The Bridge)
Toolkit Texts: Short Nonfiction for Guided and Independent Practice in English and Spanish(Correlated to the Comprehension Toolkit)
- Quantities to 5 (15 days)
- Quantities to 10 (15 days)
- Sorting and Classifying (25 days)
- Represent and Compare Quantities to 10 (16 days)
- Compare Measurable Attributes (15 days, continues into second semester)
- Resources to Support Effective Teaching and Learning of Mathematics – A collection of resources organized around NCTM’s Effective Teaching Practices.
- K-4 Mathematics Glossary – This glossary, generously shared by Pasadena ISD, includes words in both English and Spanish
- Elementary Math Professional Books – These books are available for checkout in your campus library.
- Elementary Mathematics Blog – This blog is a place for us to share answers to frequently asked questions as well as highlight effective teaching practices from classrooms across Round Rock ISD.
- Parent Resources – The following documents contain links to websites, videos, books, and games to support parents (and teachers) in supporting their children in learning and doing mathematics.
First Semester (Changes) Updated 7/30/20
- I Am a Scientist (12 days)
- Living/ Nonliving and Basic Needs of Organisms (23 days)
- Plant and Animal Characteristics (21 days)
- Plant Life Cycles (22 days)
- Properties of Objects (13 days)
- Recommended Instructional Minutes = 30 minutes every day
- Lesson planning resources
- Writing in science resources
- 8 Science & Engineering Practices
- Living Science Online Ordering
- Science materials
- Online resources (includes signing in to STEMscopes)
- Spanish bilingual resources
- Differentiation resources
- Animals in the Classroom
- Instructional Media (this is where you can check out a host of materials, kits, ect…)