* Some links contain district adopted, copyrighted materials and can only be accessed by Round Rock ISD employees.
** Certain campuses have access to different resources and that while rare, you may find a suggested/potential resource that is not available.
Language Arts/Reading/Social Studies
- Launching the Reader’s Workshop/Writer’s Workshop Kickoff (21 days)
- Plants and Animals Grow and Change/Writing Books That Teach (15 days)
- Being a Good Community Member/Tales About Favorite Characters (13 days)
- Many Kinds of Characters/Writing Books that Teach (15 days)
- Stories Have a Narrator/Tales About Favorite Characters (14 days)
- Technology at Work/Writing Reviews (12 days)
- Stories Teach Many Lessons/Writing Reviews (15 days)
- Past, Present and Future/Poems That Describe Our World (13 days)
- Observing the Sky/Writing How-To Collections (14 days)
- We Use Goods and Services/Writing How-To Collections (20 days)
- Exploring Sound, Light and Heat/Research and Inquiry Project: How Rainbows Work (19 days)
The mission of the Round Rock ISD Social Studies Teaching and Learning Team is to provide the vision and leadership necessary to ensure our students are educated, empathetic and engaged citizens throughout their time as students in Round Rock ISD and beyond.
Social Studies Goals
- Students will read, write, speak and listen daily as a part of learning.
- Students will use process skills daily as a part of learning.
- Students will be engaged in learning.
- Students will experience appropriate struggle.
- Students will pose and answer questions (inquiry) through multiple lenses and perspectives.
Dual Language Social Studies/ Science/ SLAR/ ELAR
- Presentando (21 días)
- Las plantas y los animales crecen y cambian (15 días)
- Un buen miembro de comunidad (13 días)
- Muchos personajes diferentes (15 días)
- Toda historia tiene un narrador (19 días)
- La tecnología en el trabajo (12 días)
- Las historias nos ofrecen muchas enseñanzas (15 días)
- Pasado, presente y futuro (13 días)
- Observar el cielo (15 días)
- Hacemos uso de bienes y servicios (19 días)
- Explorar el sonido, la luz y el calor (14 días)
Grade-Level Specific Information
- Dual Language Literacy Instructional Minutes Guidance
- 1st Grade SLAR / ELAR TEKS Correlation by Unit – DL Version COMING SOON!
General Biliteracy Information
- Enlace para página de internet de “Teaching for Biliteracy”
- Ideas/ Estrategias para El Puente (The Bridge)
Toolkit Texts: Short Nonfiction for Guided and Independent Practice in English and Spanish(Correlated to the Comprehension Toolkit)
- I Am a Mathematician! (25 days)
- Adding and Subtracting (20 days)
- Exploring Shapes and Fair Shares (21 days)
- Understanding Money and Finances (12 days)
- Measuring Length and Telling Time (25 days)
- Collecting and Analyzing Data (10 days)
- Introducing Unitizing (15 days)
- Exploring the Place Value System (25 days)
- More Adding and Subtracting (18 days)
1st Grade Resources
- Resources to Support Effective Teaching and Learning of Mathematics – A collection of resources organized around NCTM’s Effective Teaching Practices.
- K-4 Mathematics Glossary – This glossary, generously shared by Pasadena ISD, includes words in both English and Spanish
- Elementary Math Professional Books – These books are available for checkout in your campus library.
- Elementary Mathematics Blog – This blog is a place for us to share answers to frequently asked questions as well as highlight effective teaching practices from classrooms across Round Rock ISD.
- Parent Resources – The following documents contain links to websites, videos, books, and games to support parents (and teachers) in supporting their children in learning and doing mathematics.
First Semester (Changes)
- I Am A Scientist ( 9 days)
- Living/ Nonliving and Interdependence (24 days)
- Animal Characteristics (14 days)
- Animal Life Cycles (20 days)
- Plant Parts (14 days)
- Recommended Instructional Minutes = 35 minutes every day
- Lesson planning resources
- 8 Science & Engineering Practices
- Writing in science resources
- Living Science Online Ordering
- Science materials
- Online resources (includes signing in to STEMscopes)
- Spanish bilingual resources Differentiation resources
- Animals in the Classroom
- Instructional Media (this is where you can check out a host of materials, kits, ect…)